Tuesday, April 04, 2017

A Ringside View Of The Raging US Civil War

A casualty of the Second Battle of Berkeley March 2017

By Der Kosmonaut
  After more than two weeks leaving Canada, being back in the USA is surreal. I've predicted civil war in the USA for 20 years but now that it's actually happening, it's still intense to behold.
I'm on Twitter, which I find to be a good source of information. I follow both Trump supporters and the anti-Trump camp. I follow the former as a form of surveillance. I often read the right wing publications just to see how my opponents think and to understand their methods. One can call it counterintelligence work. I don't make many political comments on twitter. For the most part I simply observe. Occasionally I will reply to some tweets but generally limit my interventions to clicking on like.
  Last Monday the trending topic on Twitter was the current state of civil war. A right wing article entitled "The Civil War Is Here" by Daniel Greenfield was completely unhinged. I read it with rapt attention. What was even more shocking were the tweets by the right wing. People were openly tweeting about going to the West Coast and Northeast to shoot and kill all the "liberals".  People were openly tweeting their desires and plans to invade the Blue (Democrat) States to wage a violent war of extermination. Others publicly tweeted that an aerial bombing campaign of the West Coast and NYC would be enough to militarily defeat the Left. The right has a misconception that since the Blue States have strong gun-control laws, they believe that "liberals" are unarmed, unable to handle weapons and lack the ability to defend themselves. I exercised extreme restraint not to reply.
  The Bronx is the most left wing county in the country. During last year's New York Primary The Bronx with a  population of 1.4 million produced 7,169 votes that were cast for the Republicans. During the general election Trump won 34,424 votes in The Bronx. Compare this with the other famous liberal county of San Francisco. During the Republican Primary 18,295 votes were cast for all Republican candidates.  During the general election Trump won more votes in San Francisco than in The Bronx with 37,688. Moreover, with a population of 837,442, San Francisco county is smaller than The Bronx.
  With that said, The Bronx is a heavily armed county. If the rednecks from Texas and Iowa think that they can stroll into The Bronx and carry out a massacre, they have a big surprise coming to them. But I decided to hold strain and not reply to the tweets threatening homicidal and genocidal against the "liberal" regions of the country.
 Today, just one week after Greenfield's article, the Strategic Institute for Intersectional Policy (SIIP) a militant liberal group, has just published an inflammatory article calling the Trump/Republican controlled parts of the country the "Russian Confederacy". The article calls for the Blue States to form an alliance and to separate from the Red States. The United States is breaking apart.
  Strangely enough I'm neither frightened nor am I unduly worried. I've been waiting for this for 20 years. Rather than watching it from afar, I have a front row seat. I'm just glad that I'm in Vermont and that the border is just a 10 minute drive away.



Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home